- A British Medical Journal study on back pain and the Alexander Technique:
- A video about musicians and the Alexander Technique:
F.M. Alexander wrote four books. They are not light reading, but time spent with them is well rewarded:
- Man’s Supreme Inheritance
- Constructive Conscious Control of the Individual
- The Use of the Self (the shortest of the four, and a good one to start with, as well as the least expensive)
- The Universal Constant in Living
They can all be found at the AmSAT bookstore.
Three recommended books about the Technique written by others:
- Body, Breath and Being: A New Guide to the Alexander Technique, by Carolyn Nicholls
- Freedom to Change: Development and Science of the Alexander Technique, by Frank Pierce Jones
- The Expanding Self: How the Alexander Technique Changed My Life, by Goddard Binkley.
This one is a personal favorite of mine, as you may have guessed by the name of this website. It’s an account of lessons that Mr. Binkley took with F.M. Alexander in the 1950’s, written in diary form with passages from Alexander’s books and autobiographical material included. A great description of the work itself, and of the personal changes it can bring about.
- An excellent introductory article from the website of STAT, the British Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique